Wirral Council’s Early Help and Prevention Service have commissioned the help of community organisations to deliver an early help service to families across Wirral who need it most, forming Community Matters. Community Matters is a new way of working to help families and children get the services they need, when they need it.
Koala North West will work in partnership with Wirral Council Children’s Services, Capacity, Caritas, Fender Community School, The Open Door Charity, WEB and WIRED, along with schools, health services and other agencies working with families, to ensure services are delivered to those in need. There are two elements to Koala North West’s role in the partnership, ‘Early Help Co-ordination’ and the ‘Link Forum & Early Help Networks’.
Early help co-ordination
- To process referrals and allocate families to the most appropriate organisation to coordinate support for the family.
- To ensure Early Help Assessments and Family Plans are recorded, on behalf of the Lead Professional / Key Worker.
- To support professionals through advice and signposting.
link forum & early help networks
- To create a stronger partnership between statutory, private and voluntary, community and faith sector organisations by facilitating networks.
- To facilitate monthly Link Forum meetings for voluntary, community and faith sector organisations working with children, young people and families in Wirral, enabling them to share information and best practice and to work in partnership
- To facilitate regular themed networking events for professionals working with Wirral children, young people and families
- To maintain an online Early Help Offer and Directory of Services