Koala North West provide trained Family Support Mentors who can visit you once a week in your own home, offering flexible support that is tailored to your family’s needs. All of our volunteers are parents themselves and have an understanding of the challenges family life can bring.
What to expect from support
- A listening ear, someone to chat to who understands.
- The volunteer can work alongside you by offering practical support and guidance around routines, family management, children’s emotional health, and support in ensuring your child is school ready.
- Information about you and your family is never disclosed to anyone outside Koala North West, unless a child or adult is at risk of significant harm. On occasions it may be necessary to share information with your permission to offer you further support.
- Families have a choice on support. Koala North West will only engage with families who consent to our involvement.
Who can benefit from support?
Individuals and their families can be affected by many situations and conditions that would benefit from our support:
- Social isolation and loneliness.
- Emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Family bereavement.
- Disability, complex needs and ill health.
- New parents.
- Multiple births.
Further opportunities within family support
We appreciate that everyone is different and can benefit from support in different ways.
Koala North West also run the ‘Out & About Project’, ‘The Sleep Service’, as well as offering ‘Video Interaction Guidance’, a proven technique for supporting parents with a child two and under, in strengthening the relationship and bond they have with their child.
How to refer
- Self referral
- Professional with family consent